ZeusCraft server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MineCraft Multiplayer server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The wait continues...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The wait continues... Empty
PostSubject: The wait continues...   The wait continues... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am

Here's the official "what's taking so long" post from the bukkit forums:
Quote :
Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit.

Further, I wanted to apologise for the lack of communication regarding this update. I was really hesitant announcing this since it would only serve to disappoint and annoy people, however, I noticed quite a few supportive comments on here and IRC that pushed me to post this announcement because the people that have supported us through everything deserve it.
So it looks like we may be on 1.4 for some time. Thanks again for the patience Smile
Back to top Go down
mucle6
Dirt Puncher

PostSubject: Re: The wait continues...   The wait continues... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:50 am

Honestly I REALLYdon't want to go to 1.5 and then have Mcmmo be all messed up
Back to top Go down
http://www.me.com
bhoo
bhoo

PostSubject: Re: The wait continues...   The wait continues... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 am

dirnol wrote:
Here's the official "what's taking so long" post from the bukkit forums:
Quote :
Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5?
Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.5, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a 1.5 compatible build and, instead, will be waiting for something stable to work with.

Due to the nature of the project and the methods we use to provide Bukkit for Minecraft, any update - no matter how small - requires us to figure out the mapping of obfuscated classes and update our code. This takes a lot of time and work, so hopefully you understand our decision.

Having said all this, we recommend that you stay on 1.4 for a while until the patch storm subsides if your server depends on Bukkit.

Further, I wanted to apologise for the lack of communication regarding this update. I was really hesitant announcing this since it would only serve to disappoint and annoy people, however, I noticed quite a few supportive comments on here and IRC that pushed me to post this announcement because the people that have supported us through everything deserve it.
So it looks like we may be on 1.4 for some time. Thanks again for the patience Smile
well i really dont care for 1.5=) i just want to play. btw you should really take a look at the build if u got time. its beginning to take shape=)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wait continues...   The wait continues... Empty

Back to top Go down

The wait continues...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZeusCraft server :: General :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: