ZeusCraft server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MineCraft Multiplayer server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When to expect update to 1.5

Go down 
+2
Nataris
bhoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage

When to expect update to 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Dearest Server Denizens,

I'm sure you all want the server to upgrade to 1.5 as soon as possible, so do I. Unfortunately, it takes about 4 hours for bukkit to update to work with the new software, and even longer for all the plugins to update to work with the new bukkit software. So expect a MINIMUM of two days for the server to stay at 1.4. Sorry for the wait, also, there is a totally legal way of downgrading to 1.4 if you have already upgraded to 1.5! Just follow this link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113094 And you can get back on the server before it gets upgraded Smile

Thanks for your patience!
Dirnol
Back to top Go down
bhoo
bhoo

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

dirnol wrote:
Dearest Server Denizens,

I'm sure you all want the server to upgrade to 1.5 as soon as possible, so do I. Unfortunately, it takes about 4 hours for bukkit to update to work with the new software, and even longer for all the plugins to update to work with the new bukkit software. So expect a MINIMUM of two days for the server to stay at 1.4. Sorry for the wait, also, there is a totally legal way of downgrading to 1.4 if you have already upgraded to 1.5! Just follow this link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113094 And you can get back on the server before it gets upgraded Smile

Thanks for your patience!
Dirnol
cant get it to work.... it keeps saying something with a back up file. tried to redownload minecraft but it dosent work. cant u just give me a link to the 1,4 files?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:35 pm

No it's illegal to redistribute the game. The server is down anyway, something is wrong with my server host and since this is my last day as their client i doubt i will get any support
Back to top Go down
Nataris
Coal Puncher

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

You paid for the product, they are legally obligated to give you support till ur contract is up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I know, I already sent them an email, they just usually take awhile to respond, and I doubt they'll actually be able to address the problem until my contract with them is up.
Back to top Go down
bhoo
bhoo

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:57 pm

dirnol wrote:
I know, I already sent them an email, they just usually take awhile to respond, and I doubt they'll actually be able to address the problem until my contract with them is up.
so we cant play till about this time tomorrow????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Assuming my new host let's my have full access to the server files and SSH access, I should be able to get the server up around this time, if they require I send them a ticket for adding all my plugins and modifications, it will probably take a few days longer to get everything set up
Back to top Go down
bhoo
bhoo

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:02 pm

dirnol wrote:
Assuming my new host let's my have full access to the server files and SSH access, I should be able to get the server up around this time, if they require I send them a ticket for adding all my plugins and modifications, it will probably take a few days longer to get everything set up
this sucks. will the world be the same or?
Back to top Go down
LiveCarpeDiem
Dirt Puncher
LiveCarpeDiem

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:05 pm

im excited. thw waitll just make the outcome more exciting. i wouldnt even mind a brand new map ^^
Back to top Go down
Nataris
Coal Puncher

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

LiveCarpeDiem wrote:
im excited. thw waitll just make the outcome more exciting. i wouldnt even mind a brand new map ^^

Agreed. This kinda thing happens and not much you can do about it. If we have to wait, so be it. As long as I am informed of whats up its all good.

I dont mind a new map either, but I gotta admit, putting all the work i did into things like my castle, rockbase and laketown would be quite saddening.

No big deal eitherway i guess. As long as I can find another huge island for myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

No new map, but if you'd like I can always teleport you out to the middle of nowhere and you can begin anew Razz
Back to top Go down
aznelven
Coal Puncher
aznelven

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 pm

i would be really sad if its a new map....everything(even our memories) will be gone just like everything we crafted D:
Back to top Go down
Nataris
Coal Puncher

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 pm

aznelven wrote:
i would be really sad if its a new map....everything(even our memories) will be gone just like everything we crafted D:

Agreed.. And with maps that are supposedly 8 times the surface area of the Earth, I'll go out on a limb and say we havent even seen 10% of THIS map collectively.

Back to top Go down
mucle6
Dirt Puncher

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Well each block is 1 meter and the earth's surface area is 500 billion meters so if you mean that we have seen less than 10% of 10% of one world * less than 1/8th of a %* then you would be correct
Back to top Go down
http://www.me.com

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm

But we also have to assume that the minecraft world is square (considering the square moon and sun) so it will probably have a much larger surface area than the earth even if it was the same dimensions. And at some point gravity would shift 90 degrees which would be kinda cool to see lol unrelated fact
Back to top Go down
Nataris
Coal Puncher

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 am

Muc, it was a rough estimation, nothing more. So sure, lets go with 10% of an 1/8 of the total size... My point was that we have barely scratched the surface of the map we are on.

And good point Dirnol.. Also makes me think if when they say 8 times the SURFACE area of the Earth, that they are only taking the surface area and including that into all depths of the minecraft world. Meaning X, Z coordinates (which is North/South and East/West) 46, 293 for example, would be multiplied by what, 128 to represent the height level from bedrock to sky cap. So each block we stand on also has to account for the 1 meter blocks that consist of bedrock lvl up to the sky cap. Therefore each block in a completely flat plain, would actually be 128 meters since it has to account for height in which they arnt factoring into "Surface area of the Earth".

I am pretty sure I just confused everyone even more lol...

Back to top Go down
aznelven
Coal Puncher
aznelven

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:21 am

Lets put it in more realistic terms

the mincecraft server is SO big, i spent 6 hours going west of spawn city, and still have not found the laggy edge of the world, on my way i found many pumpkins and many weird floating islands...xD
Back to top Go down
eartharchon
eartharchon

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:45 am

I guess its not down for me? I've been on for a bit. /feels lonely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to expect update to 1.5   When to expect update to 1.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

When to expect update to 1.5
Page 1 of 1